Friday, 4 November 2016

BITS & BOBS YOU NEED FOR A COMFY WINTER BEDROOM

SOURCE: TUMBLR.COM
SOURCE: TUMBLR.COM
 Wow, it’s been a while since I posted something on interior décors. Although I haven’t posted about interior décor on here, I have actually been re-blogging a lot of pictures on my Tumblr. If you want to check my page out and follow me [please], click here --- > TOLARAYE

To be fair, all I do on Tumblr nowadays is look through pictures of interiors, home décors and so on. I do prefer Tumblr to Pinterest just because I feel it’s less of a hassle and you get much more inspirations. To me, Pinterest is more for people who are interested in DIYs, and I think that’s like the platform for learning how to create something from scratch. Tumblr is just like looking through an album of different aesthetic photos and much more. 
[Check out FishPools Mattresses on the far left] SOURCE: FISHPOOLS.CO.UK & TUMBLR.COM
 I was looking through Tumblr the other day and I just came across lots and lots of winter bedroom photos. So I thought instead of just re-blogging it on my tumblr, why not create a mood board post on it, and share bits and bobs of how I would transform my bedroom from summer vibes to a more cosy winter bedroom. Now that it’s November, we can finally say it’s time to bring out the subtle wintery coloured throws, blankets, faux fur carpets, and more. I feel like now I am more into woollen throws rather than the faux fur ones, because it actually gives me more winter vibes than a faux fur (throw) that people would tend to go for in the summer. I don’t know, you might think differently; Let me know in the comments which one you would go for, faux fur throws or woollen throws for winter?  Overall, I think a throw is an important staple to have during winter time in your bedroom. It’s comfy, warm and makes the room look fab.

What about the bed itself? Do you guys think having a comfy bed all year round is very important? I think I totally agree with this, because who would want to be changing their mattresses every season… not me [Unless you are Kylie Jenner lol]. If you are looking into getting new mattress this year, I think the best time to purchase new ones is maybe during Christmas time [which is literally around the corner] when there are always loads of sales/discounts everywhere. I actually stumbled on a website called FishPools few days ago. I must say they sell the comfiest looking beds have ever seen, Have a look and you’ll see what I mean. You know one of those mattresses that is the perfect size and when you lie on them in a store, you don’t sink in and it’s just very cosy and comfy; and you want to take them home ASAP? Yep that’s how I felt when I saw these FishPools mattresses. Go have a look, you might actually end up buying a bed! We do need change sometimes, right?
SOURCE: TUMBLR.COM

SOURCE: TUMBLR.COM

SOURCE: TUMBLR.COM
[Okay after this paragraph I will end the post, I promise ha-ha.]

Okay I think I am also liking this wood trend that is going on nowadays, like having maybe a wooden mini stool like in the picture on here, or a wooden side table; or even dressing table. I just feel like having something wooden in your house is so in at the moment. I personally love fine wooden floors and maybe wooden cupboards in my kitchen. Remember that black wooden cupboards that Kylie Jenner had in her kitchen, I think in her first house… yeah that’s the one I want! Well speaking for some Nigerians, you can’t be having white cupboards because we make too many stews (soups) and I can’t be having stew (after cleaning) marks on my cupboards lol 
SOURCE: TUMBLR.COM
Anyways lovelies, I think I will stop here.
I can go on if you want, but I don’t want to bore you guys ha-ha.

Oh also, what do you guys think of the last bedroom pictures? Do you like the décor? Do you think it passes as a winter room? Let me know in the comments below.

Until next time babes! Xo

#Disclaimer – the pictures in this post are not mine! They are all from Tumblr


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© TOLARAYE | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig